Saturday, August 27, 2005


Chicago, briefly.

I drove into town to drop off some of my stuff, pre-move, and also for the Improv Olympic 25th Anniversary (accidentally being held a year and a half early).

I didn't see the show, but I was lucky enough to be on the guest list for the afterparty. I can't deny that it was neat to be at the same party as Amy Poehler and Andy Richter. But having been gone from Chicago for a while, I was mostly happy to see local improvisers I knew. And it was nice that so many people remembered me and were excited that I'm coming back.

It was also great to see some of my old improv teachers who have moved to New York or LA. Like Jon Lutz (pictured) my first teacher at Improv Olympic, who now writes for SNL.

We were sitting two tables away from Mike Myers and George Wendt, but Jon was more interested in taking a picture of his friend, Dan Bakkedahl. And I was more interested in taking this picture of Jon.

On the other hand, I'm obviously not above dropping all these names.

Comments:
Trupia just threw up...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?