Monday, September 12, 2005


I rarely remember my dreams, if I have them at all. A couple nights ago, though, I had two vivid anxiety dreams.

One was about N. I hadn't dreamed about her since the break-up. We were meeting in the foodcourt of a mall. N was holding a piece of paper on which she'd drawn and colored in a number of cartoon animal couples. A boy cat and a girl cat. A boy hippo and a girl hippo. Things were pleasant at first, but then she started to get upset.

"Did you really love me," she said, using a pen to X-out the boy half of each cartoon couple. "Did you ever really love me?"

The other dream was about my nephew, Ty. No one was watching him and he stepped into a swimming pool, sinking immediately to the bottom. I was the only one there and I had to save him. But first I had to take off my shoes. Had to. And for some reason I could only take them off in slow motion. So I slowly slowly painfully slowly worked each shoe off my feet, all the while seeing Ty looking up at me from the bottom of the pool and all the while wondering what kind of a maniac I was for worrying about my shoes at a time like this.


Comments:
I've had two dreams about miniature bears in the past month. In the first dream, I was owner of 2 hamster-sized live brown bears. They looked just like a normal-size brown bear, but they were about 3 inches high. In the second, I was feeling the bottom paw pads of a miniature panda bear. It was about the size of a gerbil and, believe me, he had really soft feet. Probably hadn't worked a day in his life.

That, and I hope you don't accidentally fall out of that open window.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?