Monday, September 19, 2005


As N and I drifted toward the end of our relationship, we still always enjoyed watching "our shows" together. I'm sure it's not an uncommon situation. In some ways it seems to be what television is meant to do.

One of the last times I saw N she said that she probably wouldn't watch any of our shows anymore. It would be too hard knowing we were watching the same thing. I thought this was ridiculous (I even tried lying and telling her that I was going to stop watching certain shows I knew she liked best, so she could keep them).

Last night, though, watching bits and pieces of the Emmys, and knowing with certainty that every time an actor thanked their husband or wife, N was watching and tearing up, I started to understand where she was coming from.

[When I say "tearing up" I mean it as in "to fill with tears", although, I suppose "to seperate forcefully; wrench" works as well]


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?