Friday, September 23, 2005

This is embarrassing.

During my job search, I came across an ad to work from home stuffing envelopes for $2 an envelope. "Do 300 envelopes a week, make $600. Do 500 envelopes, make $1000."

Sounds tedious, and more importantly, it's almost certainly a scam... but I sent an e-mail. The response I got was this long, almost stream-of-conscious scrawl of "workfromhomemakemoneyit'seasy" directing me to a mish mash of a website with more of the same. Plus, to get started, they wanted me to send in a $35 "refundable application fee."

Warning bells is an understatement. I was 99% certain it was a scam. But, like playing the lottery, you know you're throwing your money away, but it's such a small amount, so you crumple it up and throw.

I'm doing fine money-wise, but I have yet to get my "free" supplies in the mail.

Also, it's been over a week since I e-mailed her, and I have yet to hear back from N.


Comments:
arnie:
i should've said this a while ago, but now i'm more accustomed to your face and throwing caution to the wind isn't as scary. i had a big break up a little while back - 6 years together. it was an awful time for me, when i had just found out about upcoming health treatment stuff, and we were near marriage. the untangling of lives at that point - after 6 years - is near ridiculous in levels of difficulty, and we had been friends since the beginning of high school with different sig oths all along, until we began. the history was enormous, and the love was too.

messy, yes. this weird period that you're in - the waiting, the dancing, even though it seems "done" - the one where you don't know what's right to give and when it's right to wait, how much time you allow, or if it will ever feel better... there's hardly anything that makes you feel more empty.

i'm glad you are back in chicago, and i'm glad you have a community of support here with you. i hope to be part of that community as we go along. in addition, i've stayed friends with everyone i've ever loved - and that's something, probably, to look forward to for yourself. don't let what seems like an eternity trick you into thinking any different; you deserve it and the friendship of those you've loved/love, out there.

now get back to stuffin'.
td

p.s., that was about envelopes.
 
You can always give me $35.00 and I'll ignore you.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?