Sunday, October 09, 2005


More Tales of the Giant Bed.

The actual physical process of moving tended to bring out the worst in N and I. We would get into heated irrational fights that would immediately end when the move was done. My giant bed only added to this problem.

During one move (into, of course, a third floor apartment) I actually said to N, "Look, the two of us just have to get this bed to the top of the stairs. What happens to us after that, I don't care!"

During the recent move back from Arizona, the giant bed arrived first. Some friends (Justin and Sanchez) were nice enough to keep it in thier apartment for me. When I came to pick it up they noted that it was in good shape but a little scuffed up around the edges.

I had moved it up and down a lot of narrow winding staircases, and back and forth across the country. "Yeah," I said, "this bed has been through a lot."

Justin and Sanchez snickered and incorrectly nodded their heads knowingly.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?