Wednesday, October 19, 2005


Started doing some promotional event work downtown today, involving having my face painted blue and pretending to talk on a cell phone. (No, this has nothing to do with Blue Man Group, and no, you're not the first to ask) It's surprisingly exhausting to walk around and talk on the phone for six hours, but the pay is good.

My "character" was a business man, but (within reason) I could really talk about whatever I wanted on the phone. As the day wore on, I eventually just started blurting out brief non-sequitors as people passed.

Examples:

"Unicorns aren't real. He's lying to you."
"Jodie was hit by lightening. She'll be out of the office all week."
"He's allergic to satellite radio."
"Why doesn't Trevor know how to use the fax machine? He's been with us for four months."
"It's illegal to own a tiger. And it's not safe."


Comments:
You get the peaches of jobs. I envy you.
 
It's like the Buzzz Sheet in reverse.
 
saw you at jackson with three other blue goons....made my morning.
 
Ha! I saw one of the blue-face guys and wondered if you got that job. Then I thought "Well, if he did, tomorrow there will likely be a blue-face picture of him standing on a street corner somewhere with some amusing comments underneath"
 
that is so silly.
 
You deserve my respect man... it seems that we're the losing crowd over at the Tattler in just trying to explain our positions. Props for being one of the blue-faces.
 
"Its illegal to own a tiger. And its not safe." That made me laugh out loud and deserves repeating.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?