Saturday, November 26, 2005

Driving along the tollway from Ohio back to Chicago, listening to Sufjan Stevens' album, 'Greetings from Michigan', and driving very close to the border of that state, I started thinking about N, and her family, the ____________s.

N was probably home for Thanksgiving. Right that moment she wasn't all the way over on the other side of the country, but sitting in the _________ living room.

I wasn't actually driving anywhere near their town, but skirting the edge of their state, I felt like I was slowly driving past their home, trying to get a glimpse of something through the front window.

[N's last name, by the way, is so endearingly ridiculous that it's probably my favorite last name ever. It's a shame that you'll just have to know it as ___________.]

A couple dozen miles later, listening to far less melancholy music, I changed my mind about N being in Michigan for Thanksgiving. She probably didn't have the money for two holiday trips. She was definitely in Arizona at that moment in a nonspecific place, doing nonspecific things.


Comments:
No, I prefer madlib style.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?