Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A little temporary office work at... let's call it KunkleCo Industries. Fairly easy, answering the phone, buzzing people in the front door. The hardest part of the day is at noon when I switch from, "Good morning, KunkleCo Industries, how may I direct your call?" to, "Good afternoon, KunkleCo Industries, how may I direct your call?"

Also, anyone who's worked reception will understand the beauty of the phrase, "how may I direct your call" and why it is far superior to "how may I help you".


Comments:
I don't have any comments on your office ettiquette sp??) except to say that whenever I answer my phone I say CAN I help you. Not that I really want to help them anyway.

I just wanted to point out that I've finished reading your entire blog and am just fascinated. It's entirely brilliant and humbling. To have been in a six-year relationship and be this somber really humbles me, when I'm being terribly angry and bitter after one year. Different circumstances, of course, but nonetheless very humbling.

Thanks!
 
when i transfer someone to an extentsion, i like to say, "one moment," but what i'm dying to say is "let me patch you through." i may try it out today...i've got nothing to lose.
 
So true. I've long been a fan of the "How may I direct your call"

Around 4:30 I start saying "Good evening..." as a subtle way to say 'We're closing soon, so don't blame me when you don't get anyone."
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?