Friday, November 25, 2005

Mom's birthday.

Somehow I ended up as a go-between for Mom and Dad on the phone, trying to decide where we should meet for Mom's birthday dinner.

Dad: Where does she want to go?
Me: Where do you want to go?
Mom: Applebees or Cheddars.
Me: Applebees or Cheddars.
Dad: Well which one?
Me: Which one?
Mom: It doesn't matter to me which one.
Me: It doesn't matter to you? She says she doesn't care which one.
Dad: Well it's her birthday.
Me: Which one do you want to go to, Mom?
Mom: How about Cheddars then?
Me: I thought you liked Applebees.
Mom: I like Cheddars too.
Me: It's your birthday.
Mom: Let's go to Cheddars.
Me: We're going to Cheddars.
Dad: Alright, see you at Cheddars.

{after I hung up}

Me: Why didn't you want to go to Applebees?
Mom: I like Cheddars too. Plus, your father's been so sweet to me this week, and he likes Cheddars.

{at Cheddars}

Me: Wow, it's really busy.
Dad: Everyone's tired of eating their own food.


Comments:
Three different times on our way to Springfield this last weekend I was tempted to pull into a Cheddars, based solely on your Father's endorsement. Niether Andi nor I have been. If we didn't have Auggie in the car we would have.
You can't bring your dog in right?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?