Saturday, November 19, 2005

Otis-giving.

After my old improv group, James Jackson, was disbanded, I was lucky enough to be asked to join Otis. So now I'm the new guy, being initiated into all the team traditions... like Otisgiving, a pre-Thanksgiving dinner.

Everyone made incredible dishes. I brought two pies (apple and pumpkin) from the grocery store. At one point turkey-grease-smoke set off the smoke detector, but I had just had a similar problem at home making a frozen pizza, so I snatched out the battery before the noise became too disruptive.

Later, everyone was too stuffed to even touch my (storebought) pies. I didn't really care, but Shelly (our host) kept trying to get me to take them home. I declined, explaining that I'm allergic to fruit. Shelly pointed out that pumpkins might not in fact be fruit, which, if true, would mean that all these years I could have been eating pumpkin pie.

To be honest, though, fruit or not (and I think it is), pumpkin pie doesn't appeal to me. But I will continue to bring it to [blank]-giving events because it's easy.


Comments:
Otis? Like the elevator company?
 
the pie got eaten. never fear.
 
Technically, any plant part that bears seeds is considered a fruit. So by that logic, you are also allergic to pinecones.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?