Monday, January 02, 2006


Looking forward, looking back. Spent some time going through my old college journals again.

This entry struck me as especially sad. It made me feel sorry for myself, but that myself, as if feeling sorry for a different person. I wish I could comfort college-me, let college-me know that it'll be okay. But I'd also like to yell at college-me too.

"And finally, if it always happens, how could it not somehow be my fault?"

It is your fault. Sorry. But it is. You were a heartbreak waiting to happen. Be a person.

Look, College-Me, it will get better. And then it'll get worse. And then it'll get better again. Etc. Here's the good news: you will be loved. Here's the bad news: being loved is hard too.


Comments:
We did have a nice holiday thanks for asking. We are still on the road on what feels to be a perpetual trip back to Tucson.
And we love you Arnie. And we loved college Arnie too. It was "kung-fu grip Arnie" that we were not too fond of...who am I kidding, he was also a favorite.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?