Tuesday, January 03, 2006


I sent the following message out through the usual channels (e-mail, Friendster, etc):

"Hello friends.

The holidays are over, and you're all ready to rest for a bit. I understand and usually I feel the same way. I have one of those right-after-Christmas birthdays, and I've never done much to celebrate it. It mostly ends up an afterthought. But I'm turning 30 this year, which seems like, if not cause for celebration, then cause for drinking at the very least. So, for once I'm going to say, "Dammit, it's my birthday, and I'd love it if people would come out and be a part of it." I'll be at Goldies at about 10pm this Friday January 6 (otherwise known as the Epiphany, the Last Day of Christmas and Three Kings Day).

Please come. If you cannot come, please feel bad about not coming.

Invite whoever you want, unless you think I will hate them.

Gifts are encouraged.

Arnie"

[As a sidenote, Shaun, I'm sorry to hear that LA has defeated you. Yet another person returns to Arizona against their will.]


Comments:
Happy Birthday.

Sorry, can't make it for the drinks. A bit too far away.

I turned 30 in 2004. It was rough. Good bye 20's!
 
Thanks for the sympathy on being forced back to Arizona. It hurts even worse since I grew up there. It's like, wow, it's a barren wasteland...and I sprung from it! Whoopee!

I turn 30 in 2007.
 
Happy Birthday Arnie, from Josh Andrea and Auggie. No attempt at wit required, only another reason to trust someone over thirty.
Love from your friends who eat at Los Betos again...too much.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?