Sunday, January 22, 2006


A few weeks ago I accidently left the oven on for... well... a long time. Stupid. But not as stupid as the time, years ago, that I thought there was a gas leak in my aparment. The stove always had a sort of bad smell and one day, coming home from work, I could smell it all the way at the front door.

My idea to test whether the aparment was filling with gas was to stand at the front door and light a lighter. Nothing. Take a step. Light the lighter. Nothing. Another step. Repeat until I had made it all the way to the stove.

I'm not sure what I thought would happen if there was a leak. The place would explode or it wouldn't explode, it's not like I could figure out where the edge of it was and somehow outrun a fireball.


Comments:
I've got $5 that says you could out run the fireball.

Canadian dollars.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?