Thursday, January 26, 2006


On my way to work this morning, I realized that I had left my cell phone at home. I don't think I'd ever done that before. I decided not to go back for it. Why bother? It did, occur to me, though, that coming home tonight would be the first time in years that I could relive the "I wonder if I've gotten any messages while I was out" experience.

Since I get very few phone calls during the day, I sent a bunch of e-mails out encouraging people to call and leave messages for me, that I wouldn't get until 6 or so. I had 12 messages when I got home.

Excerpts-

Hansen: Call me right away. Meador needs a kidney and I need to talk to you in the next twenty minutes.

Martin (from Concept Album): You know, you can check voicemail messages remotely. Food for thought. Happy message day.

Hansen (again): Well, Meador's dead. Hope you're happy with yourself.

Shelly (from Otis): Shit, you're not there. Ah man, I had some really important questions for you. If you get this before 5, call me back, otherwise I'll just probably Google it. One, does everything in the world happen for a reason? I just didn't know. And two... oh, this I actually did want to know... do you think that not talking to people is a healthy thing? Do you think that it actually works out? 'Cause I don't think that, you know, you stop loving people, you just get over relationships. Isn't that just time? Or does not talking help? I think that's kind of assinine. But maybe it's healthy. Again, I'll probably ask somebody else if I don't hear from you by 5.

Josh: I don't really have anything to say since I'm so far away. I couldn't help myself so I went out and got that centaur tatttoo so I was glad to read that you're not getting it. And yes, I did get "POW" with it.


Comments:
Special thanks to Carrie, Katie, Mark, Lily, Gandy, Shad and Hansen (a third time) for also leaving awesome voicemail messages.

And thanks to Trupe for the text message as well as someone from a phone number I didn't recognize who's text read, "Hope u r having a great day! I also hope i c u soon."
 
I finally made the blog! Yes!! At last, my blog-driven, machiavellian friendship with Arnie has paid off.

happy message day,
martin
 
The identity of the second texter has been revealed. It was Jill, who is awesome. Sorry, Jill.
 
Other tattoos I'd like to see Meador get:

The warning label off the side of fireworks ("Warning: shoots flaming balls do not hold in hand light fuse get away") on his left thigh.

The Partridge Family having graphic, perverted group sex, especially Ruben, as a large chest piece.

A metric conversion table on his neck.

My name. Right on his ass.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?