Sunday, January 29, 2006


Happy Chinese New Year. Last night at the Whirled News Tonight show, our director, Chin, brought in some Chinese New Year's Eve snacks.

For years I lived under the incorrect assumption that I was born in the Year of the Dragon. 1976, Year of the Dragon. I didn't even know what that meant, character-wise, but dragons seem pretty cool, so I was pleased to have been born in the coolest of all years.

Not too long ago, though, I realized that my January birthday places me in the weird zone between the regular New Year and the Chinese New Year. So, although I was born in 1976, it was still Chinese-1975. 1975? The Year of the Rabbit.


Comments:
Maybe that is the key to all of your confusion, finally everything is falling into place and it really explains the carrot fetish.
-casey
 
Monkey:

People born in the Year of the Monkey are the erratic geniuses of the cycle. Clever, skillful, and flexible, they are remarkably inventive and original and can solve the most difficult problems with ease. There are few fields in which Monkey people wouldn't be successful but they have a disconcerting habit of being too agreeable. They want to do things now, and if they cannot get started immediately, they become discouraged and sometimes leave their projects. Although good at making decisions, they tend to look down on others. Having common sense, Monkey people have a deep desire for knowledge and have excellent memories. Monkey people are strong willed but their anger cools quickly. They are most compatible with the Dragon and Rat.
 
I was born in the year of the Tiger. My perfect job, you ask? Race car driver or explorer. So, eat it.
 
I was born under the sign of the Buffalo or Ox. Those born under the sign of the Buffalo or Ox are hard-working, methodical, patient people. Though they can often be found in positions of leadership, they can sometimes be loners.

It's diffcult leading and standing alone, as no one can understand your genius or your pain. So, suck THAT, Young.
 
You can refer to me as Jason if you wish. Chin? As my good Friend Chandler says, "Could your name BE any more Chinesey?"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?