Monday, January 30, 2006


Tom, back from a trip to Florida with his wife and her family, took me out for a late birthday steak dinner.

Tom: How does it feel to be thirty?
Me: The same. I don't think about it. I guess I've noticed that I'm older than people.
Tom: I've started to notice that too.

I didn't order anything from the fancy dessert tray, but I did ask what the display ice cream sundae was made out of. Since I'd seen it sitting behind Tom's head for most of our meal, I assumed it wasn't made of real ice cream.

"Butter," the waitress said. "You can touch it if you want."

Tom ordered a key lime pie to go for Steph, who was at home eating macaroni and cheese and watching a made-for-tv movie about Flight 93 on 9/11.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?