Tuesday, January 31, 2006


Among my many tools at work is a highly-respected book of grade-specific lists of vocabulary words going year by year from second to sixth grade.

Words I was amused to find in the sixth grade list:

blunt
bondage
cocaine
cowpuncher
crotch
decapitate
ecstasy
ejaculate
flirt
gin
grope
loincloth
ma'am
quoit
ravish
saloon
scurvy
stamen
suckling
taint
virgin
vocabulary
whiskey
wizard

I may be 30, but I'm still immature. And I had to look up "quoit" even though it's a 6th grade word.


Comments:
So is sixth grade the age when you first become interested in the upper-northern game of quoit?
I'm with Spiller I'm a little disappointed. I had hoped it was dirty.
 
Care to post the name of the book? I'm interested, thanks!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?