Wednesday, February 15, 2006


Back when I started this photoblog, Hansen said, "I can't wait until you start dating. It'll make for great reading."

I wasn't so sure.

Then when I did start going out on dates again, in October, I wrote, "Dating is easy!" and joked that by November I'd be writing, "Dating is hard!"

Well, it's February now and dating is easy. Maybe too easy. It's a slippery slope.

Recently, the girl I've started dating seriously, said, "Remember when I said that it didn't bother me that you don't talk about me on your blog? Well, it's started to bother me."

And she said, "People keep asking me why you haven't mentioned it."

And she said, "It sort of makes me feel like I don't exist."

And you might be wondering why I haven't talked about it too. All I can say is it seems riskier to talk about something new than to talk about something that's ended. I keep thinking about the angry e-mail Mom sent after she discovered this blog, and how the picture of her at the graveyard made her write, "I kept thinking... that doesn't belong there." She's probably right.

But this girl does exist (you do exist, hello). And she is important to me. And I might have some committment issues, but luckily, not quite as many as my blogs does.

She also said, "A number of people have even told me that they think we'll eventually break up because of the blog."


Comments:
yikes man.
 
Please don't break up over a blog. Especially not this blog. It's good. I don't even know you, and I'm hooked. Been reading it for months now. Read the whole thing. No, not a crazy stalker; you just happen to have a blog that's interesting and engaging for the reader: me. And believe me, if you've ever spent any time at all clicking on "next blog", you will know what I'm saying when I say that 98.5% of blogs are crap. Your's just happens to be, in my opinion, one of the 1.5% of blogs that are actually decent.

So, don't break up over a good blog. Bad blog, sure. But not a good blog.
 
She's great, and so are you. And you won't breakup over the blog. But if I were her, I'd be worrying about your Sheep fetish.
 
agreed with M. Lewis, very engaging blog and this is three years after the fact. its kind of like a novel/reality show mashup but in a good way (yikes). I guess its just boring to work in front of a computer all day but i was wondering yesterday when the new love interest would come in, it was getting sad to think that Arnie has been alone all this time. Glad you've got some companionship.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?