Sunday, February 19, 2006


Mom continues to regularly send me pictures of Will with captions written from his point of view. They're great and I love getting them. She's not, however, above slipping her own agendas into Will's dialogue.

"I wish that Uncle Arnie would send us a picture of this girl he's dating seriously!?!?!"

Mom has always said, "I don't know where you ever got the drive to write. Certainly not from me. I hate writing." But I don't know that that's exactly true. Her e-mails to me, as Will or as herself, are full of stories and observations.

When I was in Jr. High I used to handwrite little one act plays for a yearly children's playwrighting contest. Mom was kind enough to type them up for me on her word processor, but I was always horrified later on to find that she couldn't resist punching them up with a few of her own jokes.

"Well, when you're old enough to type, you can tell it however you want," she'd say, a little hurt at being told her jokes were corny. And then she'd put the script in the mail, mom-jokes and all.


Comments:
we all want to be your mother's children.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?