Monday, February 27, 2006


A much-needed haircut. Brilli isn't open on Mondays but Jana (who's great) sometimes comes in and cuts hair when the place is normally closed. It's odd getting your hair cut in an empty salon, quiet and almost solemn.

I'm not a very good haircut conversationalist, so I mostly listened to tinkling non-intrusive salon music, the kind that seems natural under the noise of a bustling salon, but seems melancholy in a big empty space.

"Music always makes me feel like I'm in a movie," Jana said.

Annie Lennox kept singing that this was "the saddest song I've got" and if it were a movie someone would be dying or maybe just riding an elvish boat to the Grey Havens.

My hair looks great, by the way. Thanks for asking.


Comments:
I, too, am a terrible haircut conversationalist. I find haircuts very relaxing, so I enjoy zoning out and sinking back in the chair. But the barber starts chatting, it's like when you're in the middle of a sentence in a good book on your way to work, and someone starts asking you if you think this train is better than taking the bus, what with all the contruction, and when do you think the construction will be done.

When I quit my job to become a beautician, I'll let the client fire the first volley of conversation.
 
I also don't like the haircut talk, even though I usually can't shut-up. It's like a doctor talking to you or worse a dentist (I've had some of those) I'd rather they stay focused on the task at hand, if I wanted to hear peoples' comments I'd start a fucking blog...
by the way if that is your entry into the mustache contest then I say HA-ZAH SIR! because it seems to be taking over the better part of your neck
 
I got my haircut today too. Odd.

Also, this shot reminds me of those series of short films you did where most of the people in the world mysteriously disappear. It reminds me of this because in one of the films a woman decides to give haircuts.

Was that thing ever finished? It was darn funny.
 
Yeah, Arnie -- maybe you should think about editing the remaining episodes of The End Of The World...
 
and by hair, you're talking about your pubes, right?
 
is anyone intrigued by the fact that arnie has a stylist with whom he is so close that she brings him in when the salon is closed and plays the mood music for him?
 
Did she offer to trim your brows again? I'm just going off this picture, but they seem a touch unruly.
 
unruly eyebrows can be such a distraction....
 
guys who trim their eyebrows are so gay.
 
as if...more like metro-sexual; that's a good thing.
 
I'm not convinced that this isn't just one anonymous person talking back and forth to itself.
 
It's not one person...said the fan of trimmed eyebrows : )
 
It's not one person...said the fan of trimmed eyebrows : )
 
okay, I didn't mean to post that twice, now it does look like I'm conversing with myself.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?