Tuesday, February 28, 2006


Another Otis holiday: Gandy Gras, a Mardi Gras party hosted by Gandy ("Make sure there's no beer in the picture, I'm Presbyterian").

Gandy: Who's ready for King's Cake? Now, I usually get all my ingredients from Jerry Lee's but it blew down in the hurricane, so I had to improvise a little. I couldn't get purple for the top, so it's green, gold and FEMA blue. Also, I couldn't find a King's Cake baby in time, so, instead, there's a Colonel Mustard piece from the CLUE game in here.

I'd never had King's Cake before, but my slice had the yellow CLUE game piece, the baby, baked into it.

Me: What does it mean exactly? I get good luck?
Shelly: Yeah. You're lucky all year. The year Brendan got it every play he was in was Jeff nominated. The year I got it I beat cancer.

At the end of the night I left Colonel Mustard at Gandy's place, in case he wants to play a game of CLUE, but hopefully the luck followed me home.


Comments:
I think that makes up for not getting a fortune in the fortune cookie.
 
I'm Presbyterian and I've never heard of a rule or of our kindred being chastized for taking photos with beer. Was that some kind of inside joke?
 
Mmm... King cake is yummy.
 
Just theorizing, but the no beer in pics may have been more for familly members who may view than for the actual religion. in which case, arnie, you blew it by quoting him.

I'm probably projecting, though.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?