Tuesday, March 07, 2006


Joe was recently "jumped" by two guys on a fairly busy Chicago street. Or, two guys harassed his girlfriend, he stood up for her and ended up getting punched in the face. He seems alright, although he has a small fracture in his lower jaw.

I occasionally have the conversation about how, living in the city, it's only a matter of time before you're mugged or burglarized or who knows what else. The stories are endless.

Hansen got jumped.

The girl I'm dating got mugged shortly before we started going out. Later, during the process of trying to get a new license, she realized that someone was stealing her mail and snatched her new social security card.

Back when N and I both lived in Chicago, but didn't live together, someone broke into her apartment and stole her VCR and CDs and rifled through her underwear drawer. We had been going through a rough spot, and in some ways it brought us closer for a time, but also, probably, it was the breaking point between her and Chicago, and ultimately led to her needing to move back to Arizona.

And on and on.

Sometimes I think I shouldn't be carrying this digital camera around with me all the time.


Comments:
Don't you dare stop taking pictures...I really enjoy your blog and the pictures say so much when sometimes you don't.

yours truly,
Ontario Gurl
 
My what long fingers you have
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?