Thursday, March 09, 2006


Tomorrow is N's birthday.

I haven't heard from her in a long long time, and I haven't sent her any kind of message since my "merry xmas. hope ur well." text message. But for a little while I thought maybe I'd send her something for her birthday. It is her birthday after all.

Then I thought, no, maybe I should just send her a card. She always loved cards. No matter how nice a gift was, she always seemed a little disappointed if a card didn't come with it.

My friend, Jeanine, is active with the MS Society and I thought, I'll make a donation, I'll get one of those "A Donation Has Been Made In Your Name" certificates, slip it in a Hallmark card, and send it to N for her birthday.

Finally, though, I decided not to send her anything. Maybe the best gift is to leave her alone. I just hope she's not too alone.

I did make a donation, though.

It's funny, a small part of me thought, "Hey, my donation is just going to getting people classes or supplies or home care. Why can't my money go towards curing this thing? Let's get this thing cured."

Maybe that's my problem, though. I'm too interested in fixing things and not enough into simply giving people what they need.


Comments:
Slightly reminiscent of your mother and the carnations, no?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?