Monday, March 13, 2006


Back in October when I wrote about my first Jellyvision interview, I mentioned overhearing what sounded like a "Max Headroom-esque sentient wisecracking computer."

As it turns out, it was Poland. He telecommutes from Michigan. He's in the office most days, but always via a television screen. More than one television screen in fact, different sizes in different rooms.

Despite the occasional time-lag delay, he's still very much a part of the office. In fact, as this picture shows, he participated in Mustache Day.

I find his trapped-in-a-TV state endlessly strange and endlessly fascinating.


Comments:
Speaking as a new telecommuter, I am glad that my work has not demanded that I be on camera all the time. It would significantly cramp my recently discovered working style.

Of course, I don't work for a young and hip company with plenty of attitude. Rather an international behemoth with legions of bureaucrats.
 
Funny, I always thought of all of you as the ones in the trapped-in-a-TV state. Although I'm sure it's just the basement radon talking.
 
How does the TV linkup work? Is it done via internet, really long cups and strings perhaps?
 
What is the picture-in-picture? Another telecommuter? It looks like an infomercial.
 
The picture in-picture appears to be Arnie taking a picture of the pictures on the TV.
 
Shaun is correct. That is me in the picture-within-a-picture.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?