Monday, April 03, 2006


Yesterday was opening day. Young took the plastic insulation off the windows and I opened them up for the first time in months, letting some fresh air in.

Meanwhile, the White Sox had their first game of the season. This had the girl, a die-hard Sox fan, very excited. I don't follow baseball, and when I do I'm an as-lazy-as-they-come Cubs fan, but I watched the game with her. "I'm not superstitious, except for baseball," she said. "And I feel like it's a bad omen if you lose on opening day."

"What happens if the game gets rained out," I asked, trying to take pictures of lightening out the window.

"I don't know. Unpredictability?"

It rained. The Sox game was delayed. The windows were shut.

After the rain stopped, the Sox beat Cleveland. And the next day, today, the Cubs beat Cincinnati.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?