Wednesday, April 05, 2006


Yesterday morning I noticed a steady stream of water bubbling out of the cracks in the sidewalk in front of my apartment. Yesterday afternoon the water continued to flow, except someone had put an orange traffic cone down in the middle of the gurgling.

This morning a full crew was there tearing up the sidewalk. They were still there when I got home from work.

"There's no water," Young said, as I came into the apartment, using the back door since there was a giant hole right outside the front. "I don't know how long it's going to be out, but... it doesn't look like they'll be done anytime soon."

He was quiet for a while and then looked up at the ceiling and said in a voice filled with regret, "I pooped."


Comments:
Get a jug of water (or two) and use that to flush the toilet. Much better than leaving Young's poop in there until who knows when.
 
I'm so, so glad, that given the choice, THIS was the picture you used to illustrate that story.
 
The solution, of course, is to poop in the hole in the street.
 
Love the use of poop as a verb.
 
If you plan on using the water to drink as well as bathe/flush with, don't buy distilled. Just filtered.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?