Thursday, April 06, 2006


It's come up in conversation a few times recently that I don't know how to get in contact with any of my old girlfriends (except for one, N, and we're not in contact). So, I decided to try googling them. Here's some of what I found. Forgive the High Fidelity-ness of it all.

H - Married. Attorney in Pennsylvania. According to a family genealogy site she's a proud parent to a four pound Chihuahua named Scott.

J - Name too common to ever find anything.

A - Honestly not sure if I'm spelling her name right. Maybe she's married. Maybe she's working in DC. Maybe she runs a lot of marathons. Or maybe it's not her at all.

C - Director of an Effective Teaching Center at a university in the south. A lot of scholarly papers about identity and who gets to decide what a legitimate identity is.

M - Assistant Professor of English at a college in Indiana. In the town, I think, that she grew up in.

D - Only two sites came up, one of them from the time we knew each other in college. The other was minutes for a meeting with a motion to approve the reduction of her position by 3.5 hours. It may not have even been her.

R - Short stories in literary journals. No new ones as far as I can tell. Teaching at an elementary school in either Brooklyn or the Bronx.

Mostly, though, very few details about anyone. And, oddly, no one I've ever dated in the past is on Friendster or My Space. In fact, I'd probably have more luck finding an old flame on RateMyProfessors.com.


Comments:
I found this blog because I was searching online one night for people I knew in high school. I do that periodically, just to see what folks are up to. I was hoping we'd have a ten year reunion, but that fell through. Ah, well, more time for me to get fit and find a girlfriend.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?