Sunday, April 09, 2006


Finally did my taxes. I hate the strange combination of tedium and stress, but at the same time I do obviously like breaking down a year. And it was a long strange year. Two states. Two W-2s. One 1099-MISC. Even a little 1099-G. Travel deductions. Moving deductions. Medical deductions.

I can deduct movies I've seen too, so I have a lot of ticket stubs. N and I saw The Interpreter on 5/13 apparently. That seems odd, because I remember it as being a nice night out even if the movie was only so-so. It was very close to the end. And at that point we must have already decided that things would be over soon. Right?

I suppose I could try to tease out some metaphor now about taxes and relationships, and levels of investment, and is it enough or not. Maybe toy around with an emotional refund joke, but really I'm just worn out from all the math.

Oh, but for the first time in years, I'm actually getting some money back.


Comments:
Buy yourself something real special.
 
Hey, that means you overwithheld!
 
oddly enough Ben Stein wrote an article in today's (7/18/08) New York Times that consists entirely of finance and relationship parallels. its kind of depressing, especially when you think of his voice while reading it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/13/business/13every.html
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?