Saturday, April 15, 2006


Called Grandma Anne. She sounded better (less medicated?) but still deeply unhappy to be in the Alzheimer's unit. She also mentioned how much she wanted to be able to go mow her lawn. She's always taken pride in the fact that she mows her own quite-sizeable lawn.

The dangers of not being able to do your own yardwork because you've been placed in a nursing home include:

1. The concern that it's not being done properly, overgrowing for all to see, heaping indignity on top of indignity.
2. The loss of exercise, access to the outside world and a sense of self-worth.
3. The probably legitimate fear that your son and his wife are moving their daughter and her unemployed husband into your house against your wishes.
4. The seeming pointlessness of it all.


Comments:
This is the oddest thing...I can't believe I just came across you...
You must be you-- I am looking at your picture--it is you! I swear I am not stalking you! I was looking up improv stuff in san fran and came across a chicago group and a name jumped out and I investigated! How the heck are you? you look great and it appears that you are doing exactly what I thought you should do...this and write the next great american novel of our time, no pressure. So glad to hear your "voice" through this blog. Hope you are well?
Di from ohio u.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?