Wednesday, April 19, 2006


Last night was my first visit to the United Center. Young was very excited that our tickets told us to enter through Gate 2 and a half, as if we would have to walk through a wall and hop on the train to Hogwarts. In reality the half gates were the entrances to the luxury levels, which are their own kind of magical experience.

Within two minutes of walking up to United Center, I spotted some people I know: Justin, Rachel and Sanchez, who moved to Chicago from Arizona around the same time I did (Justin and Sanchez, you may remember, transported the Giant Bed).

Me: What are you guys doing here?
Sanchez: You should have called me. We're in a luxury box.
Justin: Free food and booze.
Me: I'm in a luxury box too. Luxury box wars!

It was the end of the season, and the Blackhawks had no chance of going to the playoffs. General attendance was sparse. I'm sure demand for the luxury boxes was low. I imagine most of the boxes held people like me, folks of little importance (friends of employees, neighbors of clients) tasting some luxury ("Hot dogs, chicken sandwiches AND mini hamburgers?!") at a game that doesn't count for anything.


Comments:
it is just a detail but I was the one who helped with the bed not sanchez. I wouldn't normally take the credit if it were just a normal size but as you pointed out it was giant.
-Casey
 
I fucking moved your bed from AZ to Chicago
and Justin and I got it up to his apartment.
Jesus Arnie do a little research
 
Holy shit, you're right. Josh transported the bed. Justin and Sanchez housed it for a month. Yikes, how did I get that mixed up?
 
And I think Casey owns a bed that might be connection
 
his
 
hey didnt magically make its way to Josh's, I helped there somewhere along the way
-Casey
 
"Luxury Box" is a hilarious phrase.
 
Oh yeah Casey moved it over to my place, my mistake.
 
I want the bed back.
 
It has been at least a year I've seen Justin.. wow..
 
This bed should have its own blog.
 
Justin needs to enjoy Chicago more and post comments in Olivia's blog less.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?