Thursday, April 27, 2006


Whirled News Tonight had the great honor of performing on the Chicago Improv Festival mainstage tonight. It was a much bigger stage than we're used to performing on, but it was a good show.

Afterward, downstairs in our dressing room, drinking free beers and eating free burritos we were interviewed by the festival archivist. I mentioned that CIF was in some way responsible for me moving to Chicago the first time.

When I was going to grad school in Arizona, years and years ago, I visited Chicago for one of the early CIFs and saw long-form improv for the first time, performed by the Upright Citizen's Brigade. N and I had been thinking about moving to Chicago, and seeing the possibilities of performing improv helped me decide that Chicago was where I wanted to go.

And Chicago is still the place I'm happy to be.


Comments:
great. now i'm crying. fuck you and your cute life. young, put a wig on and come over and comfort me.
 
YoungFro to the rescue!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?