Wednesday, May 10, 2006


In high school and college I remember Tom and I always planned to move to different cities every couple years, constantly moving on to new parts of the country. As I got older, though, I started to see the subtle pessimism of that idea, assuming that no place would make me happy enough to stay.

I went off to grad school in Arizona. Tom went off to grad school in Minneapolis. Tom found that Minneapolis felt like home. Later, Chicago felt like home for me.

Tom: I don't know if Chicago is that place for me. I miss Minneapolis. Steph loves Minneapolis, but it's too far from home. Someday we'll either end up back in Minneapolis or Ohio. Ohio would be okay, but it would be a solitary life. Me, my home, my family... that's it. Either way, we're not moving anytime soon.

The good news is... Tom found his missing 'D' CDs. "They were in a shoebox."


Comments:
Tom: If I move to Minneapolis I will talk to my neighbors; if I move to Ohio I won't. Ohioans like the solitary life, ya know.
 
you crazy! ohioans = friendly dreamboats. tom, think of moving to columbus! in my opinion, it is the land of milk and honey. yards, optimism, beautiful city, buckeye fans (not sure if this is good), and strange liberalism in a pocket of a conservative state. it's a wonderful life. i'd probably be there if it wasn't for improv.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?