Tuesday, May 02, 2006


My recent post about Marla's husband and his bike accident was picked up by a French blog about blogs. I translated the entry using Babelfish and this is, more or less, what it says:

"The photograph published this Saturday on A Year In Pictures Following The Station-wagon-Up, the photoblog of unknown American, Arnie, struck me. A young woman brown, pensive, with a dress color leopard, the head on side, posed on the shoulder of his/her husband, face, the marked face, an inflated and closed eye, cap behind."

I heard once that the French have a saying, "to translate is to betray." Of course, they say it in French.


Comments:
Oui, un translation est la petite mort.
 
I, for one, think you have handled yourself like a true gentleman ever since the station-wagon-up.

I also think that "A Young Woman Brown, Pensive" will make an excellent title for Marla's memoir.
 
And mine will be "Unknown American, Arnie."
 
Originally, my memoir was going to be titled: "I'll eat that! The Marla Caceres story." But I like this new one better.
 
Err, thanks to this french blog (i'm french also) I went to your blog to cast a glance, and now, I know almost every thing about your life ! weird feeling (took me hours to read posts from may 2005!)

You're famous all around the world now !
 
very weird feeling...probably mutual
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?