Thursday, May 18, 2006


I took this picture at the Chicago Improv Festival afterparty a few weeks back. Two girls from an out-of-town sketch group started talking to Alex. Alex has a girlfriend but seemed to innocently enjoy the attention.

As Glynn put it, "You know you're not going to buy anything, but sometimes it's nice to run a credit check."

Alex: If I had been trying to pick them up I would have experienced the greatest cock-block of all time. Magic! This magician came around and started doing magic tricks. And the thing is, I love magic. And these were actually pretty good tricks. But he just kept doing them. The girls were paying less attention with each new trick. He should have just done a couple tricks and tried to have a conversation. After seven tricks he just gave up and left.

A week later, Alex ran into the magician again, trying to pick up girls with the same tricks.

Alex: Part of his shtick was, "I learned magic so I wouldn't have to be good in social situations." I said, "That's funny, because for me it was pretty much the opposite."


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?