Tuesday, May 23, 2006


I love television. Sure, most of it's crap, but when done well, I enjoy nothing more than a good serialized story. Still, when May hits I'm glad that most of my shows will be done for a while, and I won't have to keep up with quite so much television.

The same goes for this blog. With less than a month left, I'll be sad to see it go, but I'm also ready for a break. A hiatus, at least.

I get asked a lot how it's going to end. I don't know. Nick suggests it should end with me selling the ring.

If this were a television show, it would probably end like most season finales, with either a cliffhanger or a wedding. Maybe N would be getting married. That would be a nice ending. As she walks out of the church, and bubbles fill the air, she drops her cane. She's cured! No more MS!

And there would be a slightly bittersweet but mostly hopeful music montage of all the people who have appeared on the blog this year. Josh and Andrea raising Josh's brother in Arizona. Brett feeling a kick from Natasha's belly. My parents share an appetizer sampler platter at Cheddars. The Teenage Prayers and the 1900s play a double bill. Meador gets a tattoo of a centaur punching an asteroid. Bella, the cat who might have diabetes, eats bravely from a cat dish. Grandma Anne coldcocks Uncle Kenny and jumps on a riding lawnmower with Wentworth Miller to make her escape. Zach the Nad changes his IM handle to something more reasonable. Everyone lives where they want to live.

As the music swells, I step out of my apartment building and past the Mini Flea (which is packed with customers) and look up as a plane flies by. I smile. It's a good day. I cough a little into my handkerchief (I don't have a handkerchief, but go with it). I look at it. There is blood.

BOOM! Cliffhanger! See you in the fall.


Comments:
One more month, eh? At least we'll have crabbydad. I'll always remember you for that....and the fact that I've been reading this blog at least weekly since August.
I'll be sad for your hiatus, but I'm sure you'll find another year in pictures somewhere in your bowels. When you do, please share.
 
I think N should marry the opossum.
 
So what's the spin-off show (blog)?
 
I don't know you at all (well, outside of this blog), but I found your blog at random by clicking "next blog", and that was 8 months ago. Now I read all the time.

I'll be sad to see the season finale. No matter what it is.


I think I will light a candle and hold a vigil. Shed my tear, and I'll be done.

What's on for next season?
 
I found your blog anonymously too. I question whether it's a season finale or a series finale because on most series finales, they tie up all loose ends rather than leave us hanging. Maybe a picture of the girl or, I agree, you selling the ring, would be a nice way to wrap it up. All in all, if there is a spin-off I hope I stumble upon that blog.
 
and what happened to Allie's blog?? is this part of the plot?
 
I say "good!" Get back to living life instead of documenting it. Although, I must say, documenting it does come up with a lot of good stand up material.
 
That's a shame Allie...because of your blog, I've thought twice about dating jocks and you made it cool to go to church. Reconsider keeping the blog; think of it as a spin-off.
 
These are your "letters to home," Arnie. Thank God for them, too, otherwise your biographer will have a very hard time. Hotmail deletes e-mail after only a month of not logging on, and I don’t know anyone who writes letters these days. So why not blog for posterity's sake? Blogs like yours just may save future history. If you don’t continue on for us, then continue on for your children—or at least do it for Ty.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?