Sunday, June 11, 2006


The girl and I went to Ravinia for an Elvis Costello concert. We had lawn seats ($15) so it was impossible to see any part of the stage, but the music was all around us in the air.

People have been asking me if I'm going to move to Boston. I answer, "I've instituted a strict no-moving policy."

The girl and I have been discussing the possibility of a long distance relationship, even though it is, obviously, not ideal. There is the worry that long distance relationships are like virtual pets. Time to feed my relationship. Time to play with my relationship. Yay, my relationship is happy. Oh no, my relationship is dead.

Girl: I loved virtual pets. But, yeah, all of mine died.


Comments:
Hey Arnie.

Mary and I were seeing each other for about a month or so, and I ended up moving to New York(I had been pondering the move before we started dating) and we carried on long distance for about... a year or so. Then she moved to New York City, and we moved in together. And now we're getting married(happily) and we've been together for about six and a half years now.

So, who knows? Long distance relationships-- hell, any freakin' relationship-- they can work, they can't.

Here's wishing you and the Girl the best, Arnie, and I hope you two continue to enjoy one another.

Mike
 
Arnie, just don't kill the relationship now on the off chance it will die later. S and I did the long-distance thing (OH to FL) for 2 years during college and all worked out fine. So the LD thing can work but you won't know unless you try.
- EHersheyH
 
Planned on being a silent reader through this entire break up... and then this entry comes along.

perfect
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?